This Ultimate Vegetable Stew is hands down THE BEST, EASIEST, and TASTIEST ever. There are so many ways to serve this scrumptious vegan stew! You need to try it!
I am seriously addicted to this Vegetable Stew. It is such a versatile recipe, full of flavors and colors, that I want to make it over and over again. All of my family members love it, and I feel good about feeding them such a healthy and hearty meal.
What Makes this Vegetable Stew Recipe Special
I know you are going to love this stew because it is:
- Tasty. The sweet fried onions, bell peppers, spices (cumin, paprika), and the variety of veggies give this stew a lot of flavor.
- Easy to make. For the prep, you’ll just need to chop an onion, bell pepper, and a couple of garlic cloves.
- Quick. It takes under 30 minutes to cook this vegetable stew!
- One-Pot. There is almost no cleanup.
- Healthy. This veggie stew is a low-calorie, nutrient-rich meal.
- Versatile. There are so many ways to serve it! (I’ll share them below.)
What Kind of Vegetables Work Best
You’ll need some frozen mixed vegetables to make this stew. Choose the mix that suits your tastes. My personal favorite is Hanover’s Vegetables for Soup. These can be found in most large grocery stores without difficulty. I also love the combination of carrots, corn, peas, and cut green beans.
How to Make Vegetable Stew
1. In a large skillet, sauté the onion with oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the bell pepper, cumin, paprika, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and garlic. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the frozen vegetables, coconut milk, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and cooked through. If you feel that the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Vegetable Stew Serving Ideas
As is. Just serve a bowlful of this hearty Vegetable Stew with some fresh & crusty bread on the side.
Over rice. Scoop a generous amount of vegetable stew over cooked rice.
With pasta. Mix in some cooked pasta into this stew!
A-la-Shepherd’s Pie. Spread some mashed potatoes over the stew, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (Here is a recipe for my Easy Shepherd’s Pie to give you an idea.)
With Eggs. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. Just crack some eggs into the stew, then cover the skillet with a…