This Easy Homemade Breadsticks Recipe is easy to make and tastes incredible! Pairs perfectly with any main dish. They come out of the oven soft and delicious – the whole family will love them!
These Homemade Breadsticks are where it’s at! If I can make this Homemade Breadstick recipe, anyone can.
I’m the worst at making bread. I’ve gotten better over the years but I’ve always been intimidated by bread recipes. It seems like so much to get the water the right temperature, measure all the ingredients precisely, knead, let it rest – I mean, come on!
This Homemade Breadstick Recipe is pretty easy though, I must say. Yes, there is kneading and rising but it’s fairly simple to follow instructions and they always turn out perfectly (although sometimes the shapes of the breadsticks can be a tad wonky, lol)
Some of the equipment you’ll need to make these homemade breadsticks:
Obviously these items are ones I love but if you have something similar, use that!
My favorite recipes to serve these homemade breadsticks with:
Whatever dish you pair these homemade breadsticks with, it will be the hit of the meal!
Easy Homemade Breadsticks Recipe
These Breadsticks will easily become your new favorite side dish recipe! Great to serve with soups, spaghetti or lasagna!
Author: Jen Nikolaus
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 16 breadsticks
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Make the dough: Place ¼ cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, butter, sugar, salt and 1¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes. Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1½-inch-long pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch-long breadstick; arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the topping: Brush the breadsticks with 1½ tablespoons of the butter and sprinkle…