Can you tell when your chakras are misaligned? If you feel disconnected to yourself or the world, unhappy, or feel like things are “all over the place,” chances are your energy and chakras are misaligned.
Chakras are “spinning wheels” of energy that run along the spine, and each chakra contributes to a part of our subtle body. When out of balance, our chakras can contribute to many emotional and physical ailments. Being knowledgeable about the chakras can help us feel more balanced and whole in many ways.
An easy way to align your chakras is through yoga. Yoga works to move energy in your body even when you are not focusing on it. But if you know you need to work on aligning your chakras, there are certain yoga poses that can actually help align your chakras.
If you’re brand new to chakras, check out An Introduction to the Chakras for more information about the chakras and how they work
Chakra Yoga! Align Your 7 Chakras With These 7 Yoga Poses:
1. Root Chakra – Mountain Pose
The Root Chakra, or Muladhara, is located at the base of the spine. The Root Chakra channels grounding energy from the earth to help us feel more connected, safe, and provided for.
When our Root Chakra is out of alignment, we experience imbalances in our physical body and our sense of security is diminished. When balanced, we feel confident and have a better sense of belonging.
Mountain Pose is a great posture for us to connect to earth energy through all four corners of our feet and invite that energy upward to feel nourished in our entire body.
Let’s try it:
- Begin standing with your feet slightly apart
- Press your feet firmly into the mat
- Activate your core, relax your shoulders, and reach the top of your head skyward
- Bring your palms to meet at heart center
- Breathe deeply and feel your feet connecting down to the earth and the top of your head reaching up to the sky
- Focus on the energetic connection with the earth and the sky simultaneously
- Visualize your Root Chakra as a bright red light shining out from the end of your tailbone
- Feel free to close your eyes and take a few deep breaths before releasing the pose
2. Sacral Chakra – Revolved Triangle Pose
Our Sacral Chakra, or Svadisthana, is located in the pelvic area. This chakra is our playful creative center and home to our self-expression, emotions, and pleasure.
An imbalance can make us feel sexually frustrated, emotionally repressed, and unable to find our…