These peanut butter Tagalong bars are like your favorite girl scout cookies, made even better because now they’re bars instead of cookies!
Buttery Shortbread Crust
Creamy Peanut Butter Filling
Smooth Chocolate Coating
These impossible-to-resist homemade peanut butter Tagalong bars can be flourless, vegan, oil free, gluten free, and even keto friendly.
They’re perfect for peanut butter and chocolate lovers.
I consider them the “lazy girl” version of my Healthy Girl Scout Cookie Tagalongs, because they are now even easier to make – no rolling out the dough, no cutting into circles, and no need to spread peanut butter onto each individual cookie.
In other words, less work and more enjoyment, so pretty much a win all around. I’ve also cut out all of the oil from the original cookie recipe, to make them even healthier.
For Keto Tagalong Bars: Use the keto-friendly options listed for each ingredient: almond butter, stevia, and sugar free chocolate chips.
For Nut Free Tagalong Bars: Use a nut-free spread such as sunflower butter in place of the nut butter. Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe as a crust instead of the almond flour.
Some big things have been happening over here this past month, and I’ll explain more next week about everything that’s been going on. Get ready for a big January… See you in 2019!
Peanut Butter Tagalongs Bars
Keto Peanut Butter Tagalong Bars!
- 2 cups almond flour, or make your own by grinding slivered almonds in a blender or coffee grinder until fine
- just over 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch uncut stevia OR 5 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- Only if using stevia version, add 5 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter OR allergy-friendly sub, thinned out with milk of choice until spreadable
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- optional 1-2 tsp oil, for smoother chocolate sauce