This incredibly delicious and healthy Cod Fish Skillet is going to become your favorite dinner! Create a taste of the Mediterranean with this simple, yet elegant, meal.
I am so in love with this Cod Fish recipe that I just can’t wait for you to try it! Besides being healthy, this dish is bursting with flavor. The garlic, tomatoes, olives, lemons, cilantro, and olive oil create an outstanding combination. Try it for yourself. Seriously. Do it.
This easy cod fish recipe comes all the way from Italy. My mom, who lived in Italy for 15 years, says Italians love cooking fish this way.
WHY I LOVE THIS COD FISH RECIPE
This cod recipe is so amazing, because it’s:
- HEALTHY. Filled with garlic, lemon, cilantro, and extra virgin olive oil, this dish is also steamed.
- TASTY. The above mentioned ingredients add wonderful flavors.
- SIMPLE. Just throw in the ingredients into the skillet and cook.
- QUICK. It takes 15 minutes to cook it and almost no prep is required.
- LOW-CALORIE. This dish is great for people trying to lose weight.
- KID-FRIENDLY. Kids love it, too!
HOW TO SELECT AND STORE COD FISH
As with any seafood, it is best to purchase cod from a store that has a good reputation for having a fresh supply of fish. I, personally, prefer to buy frozen wild-caught cod fillets. There are many good reasons to buy frozen fish, including taste, convenience, and price. And since more than 85 percent of the seafood in the US is imported, most of the fish is frozen before it makes it to our local fish market or grocery store, anyways. I just love having some cod fillets in my freezer, waiting to be cooked into this delicious Healthy Cod Skillet.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY COD FISH SKILLET
1.Place the cod fillets into a large skillet in a single layer. Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add the water and pour the olive oil over the fish.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients on top.
4. Cover with a lid, and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and almost no liquid remains.
5. Remove the wilted cilantro and discard. Garnish with the freshly chopped cilantro, if desired.
*You can use frozen fish in this recipe. Just increase the cooking time by 5 minutes.
**You can substitute cilantro for parsley, if desired.
You’ll also enjoy:
FOLLOW COOKTORIA ON PINTEREST
HEALTHY COD FISH SKILLET
This incredibly delicious and healthy Cod Fish Skillet is going to become your favorite dinner! Create a taste of the Mediterranean with this…