You're reading 7 Steps To Greatness, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you're enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them”.William Shakespeare
As a life coach, my clients often come to me and say, “I want to be great”! Then their follow up question comes shortly after, “how can I do that”?
It took me some time to realize that our job was not to worry about the how, but to be extremely clear on the what, be very specific with our goals, and to trust that the universe will figure out the how. This process requires us to relinquish all control and hand it over to what I call the universal tour guide.
I share with my clients that being successful is a challenge that requires dedication and perseverance to make it through to the other side. If it didn’t, everyone would be living a successful life. One of the possible roadblocks that we face is engaging in activities that do not contribute to our greatness. We tend to lack focus and intention which can derail us from the guided path that we should be following.
I read various books, took courses, and went through my own life experiences before I established that there was an easier way to reach our full potential of greatness and to live a life of purpose.
- Discover your gift
We were all put on this earth with a customized seed of greatness planted inside of us. Over the course of our lives, that seed is destined to sprout outside of us to be shared with humanity. In order to discover our gifts we must do the following:
• Find out what genuinely makes us happy. What do you love to do with minimal effort? What are you always smiling about when you are engaging in this specific action or activity?
• Use your morals and values to help you discover what you consider important in your life.
• Listen to your dissatisfaction.
2. Be clear on your goals and vision – write down the following:
- Who do you want to be?
- What do you want to do?
- What do you want to have?
3. Trust that the universe will guide you
• Understand that we are heavily connected to the universe and we communicate with this realm daily unintentionally and intentionally.
• Trust what you cannot yet see.
• Show gratitude as if you’ve already received what you have been asking for. When you express gratitude, the world will…