These Easy Pan-Fried Bananas make an amazing dessert in less than 10 minutes! Enjoy them with ice cream, yogurt, in crepes, or on their own.
These Fried Bananas are soooooo tasty! They only take a few minutes to make and they transform boring old bananas into a drool-worthy dessert. Impress your guests and family members with this yummy treat!
Sweet and tender bananas fried with sugar, butter, and amaretto (or rum)… Who can say no to that?
But, first things first. Let’s learn how to pick the right banana.
Best Bananas for This Recipe
I recommend staying away from overripe bananas. I still CAN use them, but they won’t hold shape as well. I find it’s best to use bananas that have just turned yellow. That way, they offer sweetness and hold their shape better.
Ingredients for Fried Bananas
Bananas. As mentioned above, it’s best to use yellow bananas, or even slightly green ones would work.
Sugar. Use regular white sugar, or substitute with coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
Butter. For a vegan option, coconut oil can be used. It does separate a bit when mixed with sugar, but it still tastes fantastic!
Liquor. Use Amaretto or Rum. When you mix the liquor into the butter and sugar, it creates an amazing flavor. It also helps to make the sauce in which we’ll fry the bananas. If you don’t want to use alcohol, you have two options: 1) omit the liquid altogether, or 2) use water instead. This option is great if you are looking to have some sauce around the bananas that can later be used to drizzle on the dessert.
How to Make Fried Bananas
1. Peel the bananas and cut them into ½-inch thick slices.
2. Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar and wait just until it starts to melt and starts turning golden.
3. Add the butter, and stir, until fully melted.
4. Pour in the Amaretto (or Rum). Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Arrange the bananas in a single layer. Bring the heat back to medium. Fry the bananas in this sauce for 1 minute, flip, and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve.
How to Serve Fried Bananas
There are many ways to serve this tasty treat:
- As is. Just plate them and drizzle some of the sauce on top.
- Over Ice Cream. Vanilla ice cream pairs really well with these. Add some of the pan sauce on top!
- In Crepes. Or over crepes. 🙂
- On Waffles or Pancakes. Add a small (or big!) scoop of ice cream and these bananas on top. Now, that’s an impressive breakfast!
- With Dutch Babies. Use them as a topping for…