Is He Marriage Material or Is It Time to Move On ?
If marriage or committed lasting love is your future vision for yourself, the question of marriage material is of key importance! Whether you are between matches or suffering in limbo with someone who seems to be waffling about commitment, read on, because I want to share the most important tips that are critical to know for your future happiness! You don’t want to choose or waste loads of time with a guy who talks a great game initially, but gets frightened, uptight, tense, withdrawn or even disappears when it comes time for a loving commitment.
There are excellent research studies that show which guys will step up and be your forever love! And we have seen that this is the case in our work with thousands of women all over the globe! There are 3 strong signs based on research by Rutgers University and The National Marriage Project.
Marriage Material guys were more likely to:
- Have grown up with both biological parents. They did not live through the ravages of a family torn apart by divorce.
- Go to church or synagogue regularly. They have a strong spiritual or religious side and tend to operate with this as a basis for their lives.
- Agree with the statement: “You’d be ready to marry tomorrow if the right person came along.” They feel ready to commit to the right woman now. There are no vague statements about needing to wait for this, that and the other thing to happen before he can commit.
In other words, in this study, the marriage material guys had traditional backgrounds with good role models. Also, they tended to be more religious and more ready for marriage.
Here are four more signs that a guy is marriage material:
- If age appropriate, your guy wants children. This is a strong factor that leads a guy into settling down.
- Your potential guy believes that married people have better sex lives than singles (which is true, according to research, BTW!)
- He believes in the value of marriage
- And he worries less about the risks of divorce or separation than guys who are not marriage material
We are focusing in on marriage in these tips, but the same kind of themes apply to guys who want committed lasting love without marriage! Perhaps you are a bit older and simply want a live-in love. That’s also included in how I use the term marriage material!
The Case of Jenny
We have helped so many women in our coaching program to find marriage material guys, wonderful men who wanted the kind of…