Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but that doesn’t
mean that being in a long-distance relationship is easy.
Couples must make date nights, quality time, and communication a priority even when they aren’t in the same city, which can be extra tough. Research suggests that long-distance couples are happier when there is an end date for the distance, but trying to figure out whether and how it will be possible to close the distance certainly adds some pressure to a relationship.
So, what helps? Well, language and written word are powerful tools when it comes to keeping love alive.
Relationship quotes have the ability to change and uplift our hearts, strengthen our determination, and motivate us to stay loyal and dedicated to our partner – even when we are in a long-distance relationship.
Here are 20 relationship quotes to inspire you when your LDR gets hard.
1. “The simple lack of you is more to me than others’ presence.”
One of the reason relationship quotes are so amazing to focus on is because they help you put your thoughts into words. Sometimes, the absence of the person you love the most feels more tangible than the actual presence of other friends and family.
2. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.”
This quote is fantastic because it reminds us to look at
the silver lining in our LDR. Instead of being sad to say goodbye, look ahead
at how happy you will be to see your S/O in person again.
3. “Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful; it’s for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love.”
Love is not for the weary. Especially not long-distance love! Take comfort knowing that what you’re doing takes strength and heart.
4. “Absence sharpens love. Presence strengthens it.”
Being in a LDR gives us the unique opportunity to get to
know our spouse on the deepest level possible before being physical with them.
Let this time apart sharpen your love and communication skills.
5. “We were together even when we were apart.”
Shannon A. Thompson
This is such a beautiful quote about love. Just because
you are not able to be with your spouse in person, does not mean that they are
never with you.
6. “Love knows no distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the…