This is one of the most divine treats that you can make with just a few simple, whole plant ingredients. If you have ever enjoyed rich dessert creams that bring out just the right amount of sweetness and have a luxurious creamy consistency, look no further. Now you can enjoy such creams without any reliance on the harmful properties of dairy. As part of this recipe, you will put the amazing versatility of raw cashews to use, along with real fruit, for a treat that is super healthy and nutrient-dense. This vegan vanilla cream will provide you with healthy carbohydrates, healthy fats, and healthy proteins, along with a great array of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and phytonutrients. You don’t have to worry about any added, isolated, or refined sugar, or about any modified fats and oils. This treat truly treats you, as it provides the best of what whole, plant foods have to offer in one of the most delicious combinations.
TYPE: Treat, Snack
PREP TIME: 5 mins (+ a few hours of cashew soaking time)
SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup of cream; 2 large or 4 small servings
- 100% Whole food
- 100% Plant food (Vegan)
- Refined sugar-free
- Isolated sugar-free
Soak the dry cashews in a bowl of water for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours. Remove the soaking water and rinse well when ready for use.
Place all of your ingredients (soaked cashews, frozen banana, vanilla, and water) into a high-powered blender, and blend on high speed until a smooth and creamy consistency results.
Pour over fresh berries, or eat along with your other favorite whole, plant foods.
- Aside from making a delicious fresh berry bowl with this vegan vanilla cream, you can also pour this cream over a breakfast grain bowl, an acai bowl, wholesome crepes or pancakes, or similar meals that can benefit from a sweet cream.
- This cream takes only a few minutes to make and is best consumed fresh. If you need to store extras, keep refrigerated in a sealed container for roughly up to 2 days.
Meal Nutritional Benefits
- provide healthy fats, protein and some carbohydrates
- provide vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants
- provide most of the B vitamins and vitamin K
- provide essential minerals, especially copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and iron
- support optimal health, weight, healing, and prevention
- help maintain healthy blood pressure,…