Make the most of pumpkin season with super easy, delicious, dairy-free Pumpkin Muffins! Ready in just 20 minutes and no butter required.
Soft and moist, with warm fall spices and indulging chocolate in every single bite, these incredibly easy-to-make pumpkin muffins are the perfect way to embrace fall baking season.
Whether you make them for breakfast or dessert these guys are super satisfying and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Even though these muffins are butter-free and milk-free, they’re still melt-in-your-mouth moist. In fact, these are some of the softest, healthy muffins I’ve ever baked!
Once you take the plunge and start replacing butter with much-better-for-you extra-virgin olive oil, it opens all kind of new recipes to you!
Olive oil shortcrust pastry, chicken cottage pie, butternut squash soup and apple cake, are just a few of my other favourite recipes using extra-virgin olive oil. Once you try them, I promise, you’ll never go back using butter!
Dairy-free Pumpkin Muffins Ingredients
This dairy-free pumpkin muffins recipe is a total breeze to make and only requires super simple ingredients:
- Pure Pumpkin. I like to use homemade pumpkin puree, which I find it tastes way better than the can, plus it’s very easy to make a big batch and freeze into portions for later use.
- Spices: The pumpkin spice mix bring these dairy-free muffins to the next level. Cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg will perfectly complement the pumpkin flavor.
- Eggs. The eggs are needed to bind the bread and help it rise. )
- Sugar. I like to use fine organic brown sugar, as it adds a natural caramel note to the mix. But you could also replace the same amount with pure maple syrup if you like.
- Chocolate chips: I am a massive fan of chocolate and pumpkin together, so I make my pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. You can replace with toasted walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans if you like, they all work great too.
How to Bake the Best Dairy-free Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin & chocolate chip muffins bake beautifully and really require little effort on your part. This muffins recipe is super easy to prepare and will take you just 20 minutes to make.
Before you know it, you’ll be indulging in warm, freshly baked pumpkin muffins that melt in your mouth!
Fill a standard 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In one bowl, mix your dry ingredients and spices together. In the other bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together.
Then, slowly incorporate your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.