These tasty and easy Zucchini Noodles with garlic-tomato sauce make a perfect side or even main dish! You’ll fall in love with this healthy treat.
Zucchini Noodles are not only healthy and light, but they actually taste wonderful, especially when paired with a great sauce. This easy recipe I am sharing today is a staple in my family. It takes minutes to cook, and it can be served with any protein. Skip the pasta for dinner tonight. How about some zucchini noodles instead?
While I love pasta, I am a HUGE fan of spiralized vegetables. Buying a spiralizer has made a significant impact on my family’s diet because we eat so much more vegetables. I am cooking spiralized veggies at least three times per week, and these Easy Zucchini Noodles in Tomato Sauce are one of my favorites.
About Spiralized Zucchini
You’ll need some spiralized zucchini noodles (aka. Zoodles) for this recipe. You can:
- Make them yourself. Making zucchini noodles is super easy, but you do need to have a spiralizer on hand. I own this Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Spiralizer and you can buy it for just under $30 from Amazon. Once you get your hands on a good spiralizer, you are ready to make zoodles at home. There are so many other vegetables you can spiralizer; you’ll have a lot of fun with your new kitchen friend. Read more here: 7 Best Vegetables to Spiralize.
- Buy them. If you just want to dip your foot into the spiralizing waters, and you are not ready to invest in a spiralizer, you can purchase zoodles from any large grocery or health food store. They are usually sold in the produce section, where pre-chopped vegetables and salad mixes are located. Make sure you buy fresh and not frozen zoodles.
Zucchini Noodles. Other spiralized vegetables can be used, such as sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
Tomatoes. Use cherry, grape, or cocktail tomatoes because they pack the most flavor.
Garlic. This is a MUST. Garlic adds a lot of aroma and flavor to the sauce.
Olive Oil. Use extra virgin olive oil for its extra flavor and health benefits.
Seasonings. We’ll use red pepper flakes to add a hint of heat, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Simple!
How to Make Easy Zucchini Noodles with Tomato Sauce
1. Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, until they become mushy.
3. Add garlic and the rest of the seasonings. Stir, and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. At this point, add the…