In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua talks about stoicism, what it means to live a good life, and different philosophies for living with author and professor William B. Irvine, and they answer the following questions:
- Is stoicism applicable to all cultures?
- How do I explain the benefits of stoicism to my loved ones?
- How do I practice stoicism without sacrificing human emotion?
Apple Podcasts · Spotify · Google Podcasts · Soundcloud · MP3
Joshua & Ryan's pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “Stoicism is not about abolishing emotion; stoicism is about trying to minimize the number of negative emotions and embracing the positive emotions.” —William B. Irvine
- “Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
Mentioned in This Episode
- Added Value: “Window”
- Book: A Guide to the Good Life
- Book: A Slap in the Face
- Book: Against Empathy
- Book: Essential
- Book: On Desire
- Book: The Stoic Challenge
- Essay: Minimalism Renewed
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Jessica Williams
- Listen: Quarantine Qonversations
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Website: William B. Irvine
The post Podcast 231 | Stoicism appeared first on The Minimalists.